OVEN / STOVE Service / Repair
The range is among the most used household appliance. Fundamentally, it is a thermally insulated chamber that serves the purpose for heating, drying and baking foods. Gas and electric ranges are usually easy to fix because the various components are easy to dismantle and replace. Although there are several kinds of ovens offered in the industry nowadays, by far the most typically used are the gas and electric ranges.
The main concerns with a gas range involve the mechanism that provide and ignition of gas in the oven. The big problems with electric ranges involve defective heating constituents. Faulty ranges must be serviced without any delay in order to stay away from even bigger problems that may become too expensive to repair and result in having to purchase a brand new unit. Here are some tips to keep your range working and prevent a malfunctioning problem.
1. Get your range sensors checked thoroughly. Generally, on account of faulty oven thermostats and sensors, electric ovens fail to transmit adequate heat. It’s essential to follow what the ovens owner’s manual specifies and you will be able to test your oven with an ohmmeter.
2. Think about checking the seal around the oven door to see if it’s torn or cracked. If it is, heat may be seeping out.
3. If the heating component of your oven isn’t getting hot at all, you should check the energy source of the range. You should also the electrical outlet or the range cord. If the power source is working fine, you should us an ohmmeter soon after following the directions in the owner’s manual. The problem could also be caused by a loose wire connection, so that may be something you should look for as well.
4. When you own a range oven which is not heating up at all, it’s essential to do a thorough check on the source of gas supply. See if your oven is obtaining the right amount of gas needed. The gas orifice needs to be clean and clear of any obstructions. If all these seem to be operating fine, you need to check the pilot light. Another widespread issue with gas ovens is a faulty valve.
5. Any defect within the self-cleaning latch of the oven may possibly result in malfunctioning of the whole device.
Call Us Today